OMG you guys, Natalie Ebaugh Photography did our engagement pictures and she seriously KILLED it! We are beyond thrilled with how they turned out, and not to mention she got them back to us in just a few days! She also does Boudior photos, which are equally as amazing! (mention my blog for $100 off your session)
I wanted to share some tips with you guys about how to have an awesome engagement photoshoot! If you're on the fence about taking them, I would for sure reccomend it!!! We had such a good time and are using them for our wedding decor, save the dates and around the house. It's also good practice to connect with your photographer prior to the wedding and also helps you with your nerves in front of the camera!
Also in this post:
I ADDED SOMETHING A LITTLE EXTRA FOR YALL :)
OUR AMAZING TEAM OF AUSTIN WEDDING VENDORS WE'VE BOOKED SO FAR!
- Check with your photographer to see if an engagement shoot is included in your photography package! Booking just an engagement shoot could be a good way to test out a photographer you're wanting to book with!
- Try to take them at your venue or somewhere similar that would tie in the theme of your wedding.
- Go on pinterest and find images you love and then share them with your photographer!
- Try to be candid- laugh, spin, and have fun. Your photographer should be able to help with this and lead the shoot. Candid photos are something that is very important to me, especially during a wedding!
- Try to wear your makeup similar to how you're wanting it for your wedding. I did my own makeup and tried to do my best application that I could! If you're not skilled in this area, try to book with a stylist for makeup! (also a good way to test out a look or stylist for the big day!)
- Don't worry too much about making your hair perfect or wedding day ready. A soft blowout or loose waves should be perfect.
- Wear fake lashes! AND don't forget the self tanner/spray tan!
- Find a cute dress and try to coordinate your outfits but keep in mind you don't have to match! I got my dress from Lulus here! > Lovley Light Pink Dress
- Try to stick to solid colors and avoid patterns, I personally usually stick to neutrals and soft colors for things like this to avoid looking too flashy.
- Make a day of it! Celebrate- and don't forget the champagne before (or during) the shoot!
Our engagement pictures were soooo much fun. Hope you guys enjoyed seeing our tips and photos! Here's a few more from our shoot!
BONUS: OUR AMAZING TEAM OF VENDORS SO FAR!!
I wanted to pop in and share our AMAZING team of wedding vendors so far! I feel SO SO SO lucky to have been given to opportunity to work with these amazingly talented wedding vendors, so I had to share with you all!
Day of Coordinator- Vanna- Blue Sparrow Events
Ok so Vanna is more like god-sent wedding angel who has been way more than a "day of coordinator so far" Lets just say our wedding is 9 months away and she has already been by my side pretty much every other day, and helped me with ideas I hadn't even thought of...(and I only hired her like a week ago). If you have it in your budget to hire Vanna for a planner-do it! I wish we had it in our budget to hire her full time! So far she's been amazing for our "day of" so I can only IMAGINE if we hired her for the entire planning package! I know she is going to be AMAZING during our wedding day and help everything go smoothly.
Photographer- Honey Gem Photography + Natalie Ebaugh Photography
I mean...their work speaks for itself. I seriously think I have the most amazing girls to capture my wedding photos. Follow Brooke with Honey Gem Creative on instagram and get ready to be AMAZED. And you guys have already seen what Natalie Ebaugh is capable of... AH. SO EXCITED.
Videographer- Paperbird Films
I am SO excited to work with our videographer!! His work looks so amazing, check it out!!! :)
Florist- Kelli Rogers- Sweetwater Stems
Kelli has been one of my clients for 6 years!! I saw her before she became the amazing wedding florist..and by amazing I mean like literally best in Austin, just won best of Theknot.com. Not to brag, but my flowers are going to be seriously a dream. Check out Kellis photos on instagram or on her portfolio above! She has some amazing ideas for our vineyard themed fall wedding. I can't wait to share with you guys.
Hair and Makeup- Lola Beauty
So obviously this one is important to every girl, but especially a hairstylist. I knew I had to book the best here. And Lola is THE BEST. Wedding hair and makeup is no joke and these girls are going to kill it! Even being a hairstylist, and probably capable of doing my makeup and hair on my own/having a little more knowledge in this area than some.. I knew i didn't want that stress the day of my wedding, and wanted to leave it to someone who specializes in wedding hair and makeup! Their pricing also includes a hair and make up trial!
While I'm recommending Lola- be sure to check out their Photo booth Partner- We just Click ATX!
Their pricing is super reasonable- AND Lola Brides get 10% off. OH and did I mention they have white marble backdrops for your photo booth? Go ahead and thank me now :)
Bridal Shop- Serendipity Bridal!
I had an amazing experience at Serendipity! Can't recommend them enough! I never felt rushed, and always felt like Kayte was being honest and using her professional recommendation when it came to my figure and dress choices. They range in pricing, but I am on a pretty tight budget and found my dream dress here!